Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankvember Day #1

The Vagabond Studio

Day #1 is super easy for me!!!  Especially after the way the week started!  Today I am extremely THANKFUL that we did not lose power or have any major damage from Hurricane Sandy.  We do have some leaking in our attic and the floor up there is nasty :(  I live outside of DC in VA and we were expected to have extreme weather.  They were predicting it to be so bad that they closed the government for 2 days and schools for 3!!  Thankfully we were not hit as hard as the were anticipating!


Hurricane Sandy attic damage
Our attic damage!  (Could have been much worse)


Sadly not everyone was so lucky.  Where we use to live in New Jersey got hit pretty had and I have many friends out there that had to evacuate!  Some do not have power still and most have major water damage :(  Places that my Hubby and I use to go are no longer there and in the town we use to live they were being rescued from their roofs!!  So today I am thankful that we were extremely lucky and that God was looking over us!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you didn't have too much damage! Stopping by from the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The footage of the hurricane is very scary! We used to live in Maryland and they lost power there for awhile. Glad your family is ok!

    ReplyDelete