Friday, March 1, 2013

Rachel and the TreeSchoolers - Review


When you are homeschooling or even just staying at home with kids, every once in a while you want to be able to turn the TV on so you can walk away to finish dishes, the laundry, make dinner, or you name it!!!  But at the same time you do not want to fill your kids head with garbage and have them watch TV just to watch it.  Well at least I don't but I know sometimes that is the way it happens :)

What if you could put something on the TV that actually teaches your child?  What if there was a supplemental tool that you could use with your homeschooling lessons to reinforce what you are teaching?  Do you think you would use it in your home for your little one?  I know I would :)  A likes to watch TV shows, probably more than she should, but I like her to get something from them.  And Baby K always watches with her so she is absorbing something :)

Rachel and the TreeSchoolers is an awesome supplement to any homeschooling program.  Or just something fun and educational for your little ones to watch.  Currently there is only 1 DVD in the series but I am personally hoping for more!!!  The 1st episode : A Rainy Day was super cute and an awesome science lesson!!!

My Thoughts 

This episode teaches a lot more than you would think!!!  It doesn't just tell you "hey it rains".   It really explains to the kids what is happening in a cute, fun way!  There are cute cartoon characters as well as real children and of course Rachel (from Signing Time)!!!  Both of my daughters LOVED this DVD!!  We have not used the CD yet because I like my music in the car :) 

What is taught

What is Whether
Temperature
What is in the sky
What falls

Stuff we use in what kind of whether
Rain boots in rainy whether
Swim suit in sunny whether

What is Lightning and Thunder
Lightning is electricity
Thunder is the sound that lightning makes

Whether signs (sign language)
Rain 
Clouds
Whether
Lightning
Thunder
Sun

Overall, this is a great addition to any household!!!  I'm not sure if I really like the price of $24.95 for a DVD and CD that is only 1 episode and about 30 minutes.  I wish it was cheaper or that you could purchase only the DVD.  But I do love that you can request a FREE digital copy of the Activity Guide for either PARENTS or TEACHERS!!!  Make sure to check them out on Facebook so you know when the new episodes will be available!  They are currently working on 2 new episodes :) and I know that 1 of them is about BUGS!!!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment