Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Laundry Tarts Detergent - Review


 I received the yummiest smelling package about 2 weeks ago from The Laundry Tarts!  It smelled so good that you could smell it even through the plastic DHL bag that it came in :)  There were 3 different detergent scents, a Sweet Spot Stain Bar, and a bag of Strip It!  It took me a few days to recognize the scent that was the strongest out of everything.  I finally figured out that the smell I recognized was the Sweet Spot Stain Bar and to me it smells like Sweet Tarts!!  How yummy :)

Apple Pie, Black Forest Cake, Banana Bread!!!  Yummy :)
I have tried a few different CD safe detergents but NOTHING smells like The Laundry Tarts does!  This is the only detergent I have tried that actually leaves a nice light scent on your diapers even after they come out of the dryer!  And it is not an overpowering smell just enough that you smell it when you open your dryer or put you nose in your diapers :)  But it does smell delicious.

A Little About The Product (From the Manufacturer)
All natural laundry detergent from Laundry Tarts! Our natural, safe, and old fashioned ingredients remove stains, keep whites bright and remove odor and bacteria without masking them with harmful chemical fragrances. Our detergent is safe for HE machines, sensitive skin, and cloth diapers!

Try one of our DELICIOUS scents today!

Apple Pie
Banana Bread
Birthday Cake
Bubble Gum
Black Forest Cake
Key Lime Pie
Pina Colada
Root beer Float
Strawberry Shortcake
Plain Jane

- Hypoallergenic
- 100% vegan
- Residue free
- Safe for both top loader and HE machines
- Free of phosphates, EDTA, phthalates, parabens, SLS, SLES, nitrates, sulphites, chlorine
- Size: 4 lbs (72-144 loads)
- CLOTH DIAPER SAFE!!

*Made in North America (Canada)*
We are passionate about the environment and are dedicated to providing products that do not harm the environment. We have made a commitment to the earth to use only safe ingredients and follow that commitment in everything we do and make. The Laundry Tarts adheres to a 100 mile rule, where all the ingredients, packaging, labels and manufacturing occur within a 100 mile radius, reducing carbon emissions and encouraging environmental awareness.Our products are completely biodegradable (including the packaging), hypoallergenic, 100% vegan and free of phosphates, EDTA, phthalates, parabens, SLS, SLES, nitrates, sulphites and chlorine (we are also one of the only companies to list ALL of their ingredients without misleading the consumer) ! What do we use? All natural, safe old fashion ingredients to remove stains, keep whites bright and remove odor and bacteria without masking them with harmful chemical fragrances. We use only phthalate free oils, meaning no ingredients will be left on your clothing; only a fresh, clean smell from dissolving odors-not masking them with synthetic fragrances!

My Thoughts

If you want to have your CDs smell super yummy then I would definitely try The Laundry Tarts.  The biggest problem with The Laundry Tarts is that only 6 retailers in the US carries them :(  But one of my favorite stores, Buttercup Baby, does carry them :)  They also run a little more expensive than some other big name brands.  But I have had less problems with my diapers since I have been using their detergent.  So I think it is worth the little bit of extra money :)  We tend to get ammonia overnight but it seems to be less potent now that we are not using what we use to use :)   
Sweet Spot Stain Remover

The scents that were sent to me were Black Forest Cake, Apple Pie, and Banana Bread.  I have to say that my favorite is Black Forest Cake.  It has a super yummy chocolate smell to it but is not overpowering.  It does kind of make you want to eat your diapers though :)  The Apple Pie and the Banana Bread were not bad but not my favorite.  The hubby said they smelled too much like soap and once he said that then I started thinking the same thing :)  But once your diapers come out they don't smell like soap anymore, just yummy :)   

The Laundry Tarts does not make a separate detergent for different water types so you do not need to worry if you picked the right one for your water.  I have no idea what kind of water I have, but I believe it is normal :)  But they makes it simple so who cares what kind of water you have!!!  I also received a Stain Bar and a bag of Strip It but have not needed to use them yet.  But I can't wait until I do (just so I can check it out!)

Strip It!  for stripping CDs :)
 Overall, if you are not happy with your current wash routine and/or detergent it is time to try something different.  Or even if you are happy with what you use now and just want some a little different I would say to give The Laundry Tarts a try.  What is the worst that can happen?!?  Your laundry area will smell super yummy and you may try and eat your washing machine :)

Please make sure to check out The Laundry Tarts on Facebook, Twitter and even YouTube!  You can also check out their website to find US retailers and also retailers in Canada and Europe depending on where you live :) 

All opinions are my own and not influenced in any way.  This sample package was provided by The Laundry Tarts for review.  No additional compensation was accepted for this review.

5 comments:

  1. I find it so hard to find a good cloth diaper safe HE detergent where I live in Canada. I love that the Laundry Tarts smells so delicious and that they are also from Canada! My only problem is trying to determine what scent I love the most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so great! Yummy scent and I love that they have a stain remover stick... i have been looking and looking for a natural stain remover and it is hard to find a good one... I would love to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish they were not so expensive! Anything that has apple pie or rootbeer float as scents is well worth it though! Throughout my pregnancy (due in sept) I have been craving root beer HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that these are safe for sensitive skin. Usually if something has a scent it wouldn't be! Would love to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I very much want to try this detergent! It sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete